About Sherri L. Underthun
- Born in Duluth, MN
- Attended public schools until graduation from Duluth Central High School in 1979.
- Completed courses at Lake Superior College to become a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant in 1981.
- Worked in the Nursing home industry in both MN and WI as a Certified Nursing Assistant and then moved to the activity department where I started as an aide and then became the Director.
- In 1993 I became the District Director for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. I traveled through 31 counties raising funds for MDA and offering services to people who had been diagnosed with one of the diseases MDA fights daily.
- In 2002 I became a Certified Real Estate Appraiser
- In 2004 I became a Licensed REALTOR® in Minnesota, taking a position with Edina Realty.
- In 2005 I became a Licensed REALTOR® in Wisconsin, still working with Edina Realty.
- In 2006 I became a Licensed Broker in both Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- In 2014 I started the My Place Realty, Inc. realestate company.
- Currently I work in both states helping people achieve their real estate goals.
- I am married and have 3 adult children, and 3 grand children.
- I am an avid animal lover and have had several pets over the years which include birds, cats, dogs, and fish - along with horses, sheep, and goats.
- I am the "clueless" gardner. I have over 25 gardens in my yard.
- I believe everyone has a right to the American Dream of home ownership. I work hard to make that happen for all of my customers and clients.
- I believe in providing honest service at a fair price.
- I believe in being available for my customers and clients.
- I believe communication can solve most issues.
- I believe my efforts should help the customer solve their real estate concerns.
- I believe in family first.
- Sales of residential and vacation homes (cabins and waterfront), land, and multi-family properties
- Seller representation for listing and marketing
- Buyer representation – 1st time homeowners, move-up or move-down buyers,
- Dual agency as a very neutral person so no one has their negotiating opportunities negatively impacted
- Providing professional real estate consultation and advice
- Staging advice
- Resource for other professionals that can assist you with your real estate needs
Areas of Service
- City of Duluth Proper and surrounding areas
- City of Superior Proper and surrounding areas
- City of Cloquet and surrounding areas
- Counties of St. Louis, Lake, and Carlton in MN and Douglas in WI